This statement of Privacy Practices covers our treatment of personal data that we gather when ("you") use the UC San Diego mobile app. UC San Diego works in a distributed information technology environment; therefore, policies and procedures for other websites/applications may vary.
We will only use your UC San Diego mobile app data as described below or as required or permitted by law.
Use of the UC San Diego mobile app is optional and voluntary.
Information You Provide:
Some UC San Diego mobile app features require a username and password in order to use them.
Information We Collect Automatically:
This authentication/log-in system will send your user login to us automatically once you sign in. Once authenticated, the username/password is encrypted and stored on your device. (We do this to protect the security of your account)
Logs and Device Data
We collect non-personal information about your interaction with the application. Information may include device manufacturer, device type, device ID, operating system, os version, device location including country and timezone. This information assists us in troubleshooting any issues and in improving the overall quality of the app. In addition, we collect usage data regarding how users generally use the app using Google Analytics for the purpose of improving the quality of the mobile app service.
How We Use Your Data
1. To deliver information regarding your classes, finals and course information;
2. To improve application functionality, improve content, measure and improve website/application performance, and answer specific questions about the usage and performance of the app;
3. To provide you with information regarding UCSD events and initiatives. We will only do this where it is in your legitimate interest;
4. To deliver services or information about facilities to you (e.g., IT, sport, libraries, accommodation, careers);
5. To enable your participation at events (e.g., Welcome Week, graduation);
6. To communicate effectively with you through mobile in-app notifications;
7. To solicit feedback about the App;
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
The UC San Diego mobile app does not share your personal information with third parties.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have established procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of delivering services and satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will only retain data necessary for the delivery of the service and its improvement.
If you have any general questions about how your personal information is used by the UC San Diego mobile app, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact the UC San Diego mobile app team by email at email@example.com.
Last updated Oct 24, 2018